OCLC/WorldCat online for free

jkirk jkirk at SPRO.NET
Mon Aug 14 21:53:12 UTC 2006

What I'd like to know, and please pardon me if I should know but don't:
is there any online library database that lists the titles of book chapters
and of titles & authors in anthologies?
Joanna Kirkpatrick
==========================
----- Original Message -----
From: "Allen W Thrasher" <athr at LOC.GOV>
To: <INDOLOGY at liverpool.ac.uk>
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2006 12:42 PM
Subject: OCLC/WorldCat online for free

The gigantic online database OCLC's search interface WorldCat is now
available online free at < http://www.worldcat.org >.  It is an online union
catalog of thousands of research libraries in North America, Europe, Japan,
Australia, and elsewhere.  Academics probably have access to it through
their institution, but this version is available to everyone. This version
allows a limit command to find the copies nearest to oneself.  See also a
news release about it at < http://www.oclc.org/news/releases/200632.htm >.
Another pertinent news release is at <
http://www.oclc.org/news/releases/200625.htm >, which tells of the agreement
between OCLC and RLG/RLIN, the other great online union catalog, to merge
with each other.

Allen Thrasher

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D., Senior Reference Librarian
South Asia Team, Asian Division
Library of Congress, Jefferson Building 150
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
tel. 202-707-3732; fax 202-707-1724; athr at loc.gov
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of
Congress.