source of Sanskrit half-;sloka in Hindi piece

marina orelskaya m_orelskaya at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 3 15:22:39 UTC 2005

Arlo,

in brahmavaivarta purANa, there is a dialogue between
ga-NgA and kR.S.Na, in which kR.S.Na describes the
kali yuga as the following:

kaleh pa~NcasahasrA.Ni var.SA.Ni ti.S.Tha bhutale /
pApAni pApino yAni tubhyAM dasyanti snAnataH //

And also:

kaler daSasahasrA.Ni madbhaktaH santi bhutale /
ekavar.Na bhavi.Syanti madbhakte.Su gate.Su ca //

Or something like that... Sorry, I don't have the text
or exact references with me.
Hope, this helps.

Marina.

Dr. Marina V. Orelskaya
c/o Department of Performing Arts
University of Pune
Ganeshkhind
Pune 411007
India

--- Arlo Griffiths <arlo.griffiths at LET.LEIDENUNIV.NL>