online journals: IIJ and JIP

Dominik Wujastyk d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK
Tue Mar 8 16:45:04 UTC 2005

Those of us who have access to the net through university networks have
had access for some time to the full text of the Kluwer journals I-IJ and
JIP back to 1997.

I noticed today that Kluwer has now digitized the full text of both
journals from the very beginning of publication.  But this material is
behind a new password.  One has to have a subscription to the "historical
archive", as well as the current journal (from 1997).  So at UCL, for
example, where I log on, I can see that all these pre-1997 issues are
there, the titles and abstracts, but I can't read the full text of any of
them.  I shall enquire about whether my university library is negotiating
a license for this extra material.

In any case, it's encouraging that the back-digitisation of these journals
has been done.

Dominik