Database Announcement

Joerg Gengnagel Joerg.Gengnagel at URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Wed Jul 27 08:29:37 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I was asked to forward the following announcement.
Best
Joerg Gengnagel
South Asia Institute, Heidelberg

Hindi Database

The Department of Modern South Asian Studies, South Asia Institute, University
of Heidelberg, has launched the project of a Hindi Database (Hindi literature of
all periods and Hindi Internet material). The project is funded by the German
Research Society (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) and has been running since
autumn 2004.
The first phase of the project will run through 2006, to be probably extended
into 2007. We seek to convert it into a permanent project. For the period after
mid-2007 we envisage re-launching it as an international project and would also
want to apply jointly with our partners for support by international funding
bodies. This in mind, we invite scholars and institutions interested in corpus
linguistics to share in our project.
The database can easily be modified to also accommodate other South Asian
languages besides Hindi.
> From September 2005 more information on the project can be found at

http://salcorpora.com

Professor Monika Boehm-Tettelbach