historical/biographical query

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Wed Apr 20 15:14:28 UTC 2005

Maybe BACSA (British Association for Cemeteries in South Asia) has something on him in its printed works, considering Omar has given us his place of burial.

Allen

>>> Omar Khalidi <okhalidi at MIT.EDU> 04/20/05 7:55 AM >>>
George Michell, architect and author asked me this question, and I provided
Marrett's life span as given in List of Inscriptions on Tombs or Monuments
in the Nizam's Dominion, by O.S. Crofton, Hyderabad, 1941. Marrett lies
buried in Hyderabad as listed in the Crofton book. The other person who may
know is Alison Mackenzie, PhD student at UPenn/History Dept. No one in
Hyderabad, Deccan seems to know about him beyond identifying him as the
engineer of the PWD.
Omar