body in discussions of the soul

Dominik Wujastyk d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK
Mon Apr 11 15:12:23 UTC 2005

I'm out on a limb here, but I'm not convinced that body/soul is a
fundamental binary pair in Sanskritic culture.  In New Age thought, the
triad "body, mind, spirit" is a commonplace, and this is often projected
onto Indian thought.  Once again, I currently think this triad is not a
particularly fundamental one from the Sanskrit sources themselves.

Dominik