Indian Philosophy Brainless?

John Huntington huntington.2 at OSU.EDU
Wed Sep 22 16:18:46 UTC 2004

According to my colleague Dina Bangdel and verified in Apte, the
physical brain (i.e., the grey blob between your ears) is
"Masti.ska.m." and also refers to any medicine that affects the
physical
  brain.

I do not know if this what you want and it is certainly not
philosophical as manas and citta but there is a term for the chunk of
protoplasm.

Modern usage includes a slight philosophical usate of the term in
which is can be said "you do not have any masti.ska.m" in the modern
sense of "brains."

John C. Huntington for Dina Bangdel