Rsyashringa

Hartmut Buescher buescher at HUM.KU.DK
Fri Sep 3 14:43:27 UTC 2004

Dear Lars,

given the Rshyashringa episode is related to a drought, the reference
to the sun's daughter's marriage (resulting in a drought for twelfve years)
must be to the story told in MBh I.160ff., in spite of the fact that here
the
sun's daughter is called TapatI.

Best regards,

Hartmut Buescher

Dear members of the list,

I have a question regarding a verse in the Rshyashringa episode of the
Mahabharata.

The verse runs:

nivartiteSu sasyeSu yasmai zAntAM dadau nRpaH 1

lomapAdo duhitaraM sAvitrIM savitA yathA || 003110051/3

I am curious about the reference to savitR and savitrI here. I can't
remember any myth, and I can't find any reference to such a myth, where
savitR gives savitrI as bride to somebody. Could anybody help me with
the
reference?

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse

From:
Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,
0674 Oslo - Norway
Phone: +47 22 32 12 19 Fax:  +47 850 21 250
Mobile phone: +47 90 91 91 45
E-mail: lmfosse at online.no
DO NOT OPEN UNEXPECTED ATTACHMENTS.
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS BEING ABUSED BY