email addresses on Indology

Dominik Wujastyk d.wujastyk at UCL.AC.UK
Fri Sep 3 11:49:57 UTC 2004

As far as I can see, Joanna, Noadware is not freeware.  You download it,
it tells you you have a problem, and then you have to register and pay to
get a version that can fix the problem.  Also, it gives a false-positive
on my system, telling me I have a "serious" spybot which, on investigation
isn't true.  In fact, it is pointing to an essential Windows 2000 registry
entry and system file, which controls the international keyboard, so if
you tried to fix the problem yourself in the registry, or by deleting the
indicated file, you would give your system and yourself a headache.

There are excellent programs in this genre that are completely free in all
respects, "A squared" from Malware, or the (free)market leader, "Spybot
Search and Destroy" (http://www.spybot.info/).  The latter is probably the
place to start.

Dominik

--
Email processed on Mondays and Thursdays.