Sanskrit syntax problem: Double bind constructions

Jonathan Silk silk at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Sun Mar 14 18:16:13 UTC 2004

Without claiming for it any authenticity, I cite the reconstruction
of the Mahaaayaanasamgraha passage referred to by HB offered by Nagao
in his Shodaijoron (the reconstruction itself due to Aramaki
Noritoshi):

aaliina.m sarvadharme.su vijnaana.m sarvabiijakam /

By the way, although zeugma is of course well known, I am somehow
under the impression that the (?) term for one in medial position is
mezzo-zeugma.

Also entirely by the way, I am (was/will get back to) working on a
study of precisely the opening stock phrase referred to once again by
HB, evam mayaa zrutam ekasmin samaye, most particularly focussing on
how commentaries have understood it, which proves to be most
interesting.
--
Jonathan Silk
Department of Asian Languages & Cultures
silk at humnet.ucla.edu