Ayurveda and the planets

Martin Gansten Martin.Gansten at TEOL.LU.SE
Mon Jul 19 09:36:33 UTC 2004

>No, classical ayurveda doesn't make such a link.  In works up to about
>1200, that is.  The best-known work that tries to be astrological as well
>as medical is the Virasimhavaloka of 1383.

Thanks, Dominik. I have heard of the Virasimhavaloka, but never seen it.
Does it, or any other text that you are familiar with, explicitly say that
vata corresponds to planet X, vata-pitta to planet Y, etc? I would be very
grateful for any such references, if they exist.

Regards,
Martin Gansten