Graham Hancock

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Jul 15 02:39:55 UTC 2004

Horacio Francisco Arganis Juarez wrote:

> Subject: Re: Snakes
Sorry, but it helps if you change the subject line to indicate a new thread.

> Pranam!!! I am looking for the e-amil addres from Prfr. Hambock (or some
thing like that) Graham of England, may be Durbhan University. Becuase he
edite, in territory discovery channel, a very innovative and procative video
about pre flood "civilitations in India." Could your fine persons help me
and discloset your comentairies on the issue.
*****
You are, of course, referring to Graham Hancock who is neither a professor
(but is a former journalist) nor I hope employed by any university.  I don't
think he is available directly by email but there should be a website
devoted to his many fantasies, though depending on your critical
sensibilities, the man is either an innovative "researcher" or a deranged
and somewhat arrogant crank. I tend towards the latter position.  In fact,
there is lots of information on the internet debunking his ridiculous
theories which have drawn the deserved scorn of all serious scholars.
Typical of his theories is his claim that the Antarctic was the "original"
Atlantis, originally situated thousands of miles to the north in the middle
of the Atlantic which then just happened to "slip" down to its current icy
location no more than 10,000 years ago -- despite the evidence of  ice-cores
which prove that the Antarctic has been ice bound for several million years.
Virtually all of his claims are demonstrably untrue or distortions of known
facts.  However, if you are interested in a plausible account of a possible
location for pre-flood (c7000 BCE) civilization in SE Asia, try Stephen
Oppenheimer's "Eden in the East".

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge