preservation of Kashmiri papier mache'

Allen W Thrasher athr at LOC.GOV
Mon Aug 30 19:10:59 UTC 2004

I have been clearing up my mother's condominium prior to sale, she
having moved to assisted living, and have got a very fine Kashmiri
papier mache' tray purchased in 1979.  Unfortunately, in several spots
the lacquer has blistered away from the underlying papier mache for some
reason (this has not happened to those I got from the same manufacturer
at the same time).  Does anyone know anyone with expertise in correcting
this syndrome?

Any leads much appreciated.

Allen

Allen W. Thrasher, Ph.D.
Senior Reference Librarian
Southern Asia Section
Asian Division
Library of Congress
Jefferson Building 150
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington, DC 20540-4810
tel. 202-707-3732
fax 202-707-1724
athr at loc.gov
The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the Library
of Congress.