Dictionary Server Protocol (DICT) Version of Monier-Williams available

Richard MAHONEY rbm49 at EXT.CANTERBURY.AC.NZ
Fri Aug 27 04:30:11 UTC 2004

Dear colleagues,

A Dictionary Server Protocol (DICT) Version of Monier-Williams
Sanskrit-English Dictionary is now available for download from:

 http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney/mw_dict/mw_dict.html

A collection of the required files can be downloaded as a `zipped'
archive: `mw_DICT_proto.zip'. For installation instructions and
release notes see: `mw_DICT_README'. This version is a prototype /
development release. It appears to be reasonably reliable, but it
still requires widespread testing. Please send all comments and
suggestions to me.

I would like to express my deep gratitude to Dr Thomas Malten for
kindly allowing the Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon to be made
available in this form.

For information on the Dictionary Server Protocol and DICT Client /
Server Software please see:

 http://www.dict.org/links.html

Additional documentation for the Server (`dictd.pdf') and Client
(`dict.pdf') is available at:

 http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney/links/links.html

To date, DICT Client / Server Software accessing this version of
Monier-Williams has been run on FreeBSD, Linux and Mac OS X. I would
like to hear from those who run such software on other platforms.

Best regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: homepages.comnet.net.nz/~r-mahoney
Littledene      | telephone / telefax (man.): ++64 3 312 1699