Availability of sTog Palace Manuscript Kanjur on CD-ROM

Richard MAHONEY rbm49 at EXT.CANTERBURY.AC.NZ
Thu Apr 29 21:46:51 UTC 2004

Birgit,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 03:04:14AM +0200, Birgit Kellner wrote:

[snip]

> I haven't worked a lot with TIFF-data; could you perhaps spell out
> some of the things one could do with these TIFF-files - apart from
> converting them into other formats?

I haven't much to add to Stefan's summary except to note that I've
found multi-page TIFF files especially useful. These days I tend to
spend more time in front of scanners than photocopiers.

The following links give general information.

 i.) LibTIFF - TIFF Library and Utilities :

  http://www.libtiff.org/

 ii.) TIFF Tools Overview :

  http://www.libtiff.org/tools.html

N.B. in addition to the tools detailed above, recent versions of
libtiff (tiff-v3.6.1 on my beast) contain `tiff2pdf'. This can convert
a multi-page TIFF file into a PDF file.

For viewing TIFF images you could use :

 i.) viewfax

  http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/linuxcommand.org/man_pages/viewfax1.html

 ii.) XnView

  http://www.xnview.com/

For manipulating TIFF images -- and a number of other formats -- you
could try the VIPS and NIP image processing system :

  http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/

Best regards,

 Richard

--
Richard MAHONEY | internet: homepages.comnet.net.nz/~r-mahoney
Littledene      | telephone / telefax (man.): ++64 3 312 1699