Position announcement : LECTURER in SANSKRIT

Christian Wedemeyer wedemeyer at HUM.KU.DK
Thu May 1 10:00:22 UTC 2003

This was forwarded to me and I thought it might be of some interest to
members of this list.

Peace,

Christian

---------

Please contact : Alicia Czaplewski <aczaplew at midway.uchicago.edu>

The Department of South Asian Languages and Civilizations,
University of Chicago, invites applications for the position of
LECTURER in SANSKRIT for a twelve-month term, beginning September
2003, with possibility of renewal.  The position requires teaching
at two levels, first-year Sanskrit throughout the three-quarter
academic year and one quarter of advanced Sanskrit.  Degree of M.A.
required. Salary competitive; benefits included.

Applications (cover letter, c.v., and two recommendation letters)
will be reviewed beginning May 15, 2003.

Address all correspondence to:

Search Committee Chair
South Asian Languages and Civilizations
University of Chicago
1130 E. 59th St.
Chicago, IL  60637-1543

E-mail inquiries should be sent to:

Alicia Czaplewski <aczaplew at midway.uchicago.edu>

The University of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
 employer. --