possible virus warning

Whitney Cox wmcox at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Jun 6 13:38:02 UTC 2003

Dear Friends,

Checking my email today, I was surprised to see a message from myself with a
subject line that I myself had written, viz. "Prakrit realization in Grantham",
a posting that I had sent to the list some two months back.

On inspection, the message proved to be from "wmcox at bellatlantic.net" (an email
address I have never had), and was the first part of my posting, along with a
link to a .EXE file.  I can only presume that this is a virus.  If you've
received the message, please delete it.  I'm baffled as to how this could have
occured, and I sincerely apologize if anyone's system has been damaged.

Yours,
Whitney Cox