Sanskrit word order sort program

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at PADMACHOLING.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Jul 29 23:01:07 UTC 2003

Peter M. Scharf wrote:

 We conduct sorting in a phonological encoding and
> transliterate to and from it from Harvard-Kyoto, CSX, and Unicode
> encodings.

Since my original plea for help, several people have volunteered suggestions
or pratical help.  However, apart from the Unicode issue, another problem
seems to be the challenge of sorting bi- or even tri-lingual work lists.
Does your sort program enable users to handle a list in which a line would
be structured thus --  [SKT] [TIB] [CHIN]  -- by fields or some other means
of delimitation ?  I think this will be a significant issue for some users.

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge