Internal sibilant-sandhi after the i-vowel

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Jan 30 09:34:36 UTC 2003

So far as I can make out, the operative rules, PA.nini VIII.3.55, 57, 59,
specify that the change takes place when the s occurs in an Ades'a or
pratyaya, which is not the case with respect to the initial s of
sabhAga. Hence, the dental should remain. But this with the
caveat that a second opinion from one more specialized in
vyAkara.na would be useful.
Matthew Kapstein