HTML version of Monier-Williams Lexicon Available

Richard Mahoney rbm49 at EXT.CANTERBURY.AC.NZ
Sat Jan 25 23:49:10 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 06:20:44AM +1300, Richard Mahoney wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 04:34:43PM +0100, Lars Martin Fosse wrote:

> > Thank you for this nice initiative. I have tried to download your
> > files, but I have a problem: when I try to save them on my harddisk
> > (I have a Windows XP system), capital and small letters are treated
> > in the same way, which means that I only get e.g. a.html (small a)
> > but not the file named with a capital A. In this way, a few files
> > disappear for me. Any suggestions?
>
> I apologise to other MS Windows users who have had this
> problem. Windows file names -- unlike UNIX file names -- must be case
> insensitive.
>
> I will alter the file names to something approximating the Velthuis
> scheme: that is, `A' to `aa', `I' to `ii' and so on. When this is done
> I will notify the list.

Done.

The links and filenames at:

 http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney/mw_dict/mw_dict.html

and in the archive at:

 http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney/mw_dict/mw_dict_all_current.tar.gz

have been updated.

I've tested the site and archive under MS W2K and everything seems in
order. I don't have access to a Mac so can't comment on that count. If
anyone has any other issues please mail me (off list?) and I'll make
the necessary changes.

Regards,

 Richard Mahoney

Richard Mahoney    |  E-mail: rbm49 at ext.canterbury.ac.nz
78 Jeffreys Road   |          r.mahoney at comnet.net.nz
Fendalton          |  Telephone: 0064-3-351-5831
CHRISTCHURCH 8005  |  Cellular: 0064-25-829-986
NEW ZEALAND        |  http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney