Tamil Brahmi inscriptions from Perur

Asko Parpola Asko.Parpola at HELSINKI.FI
Thu Jan 9 15:32:00 UTC 2003

Last year I brought to the notice of the INDOLOGY list the home pages of
the Tamil Heritage Foundation, which carry digital photographs of many
previously unknown terracotta tablets, pottery etc with Tamil Brahmi
inscriptions. I noted that these finds are remarkable, if proved to be
genuine, pointing out to the Tamil Heritage Foundation that their first
priority should be to establish beyound doubt that these objects are not
fakes. I also wondered that they had not consulted Iravatham Mahadevan,
to whom I immediately forwarded the material. I got Mahadevan's reply
only today, after a reminder. It follows below.
        With best regards, Asko Parpola