kalinAzana (was: pancakanya)

Georg von Simson g.v.simson at EAST.UIO.NO
Thu Feb 13 11:59:52 UTC 2003

Dear Madhav Deshpande,

thank you very much for your quick reply! One more question: Wouldn´t
one who learns this verse as a kind of prayer today, understand kali
as kaliyuga (and its negative effects)? In the Nala story Kali is, of
course, the demon of the worst cast of dice, and even if the author
already had some idea of its connection with the cosmic period, this
does not appear on the surface of the text.

Best wishes,
Georg v. Simson