he.dhra?

fsmith fsmith at BLUE.WEEG.UIOWA.EDU
Thu Feb 13 15:12:27 UTC 2003

I have a lexical question: the 12th century Tantric text from Kerala,
Iizaanazivagurudevapaddhati 42.1,15ab has the word he.dhra /he.dhraga in its
account of bhuutavidyaa. 15ab reads: One possessed by a he.dhraga graha stands
on his knees, keeps his head down, smiles, and holds his hands in a fist. I am
unable to find this word elsewhere. Has anyone out there seen it? If so,
where? I do not have here the Paaiasaddamaha.n.navo
(Praak.rtazabdamahaar.nava.h). Can someone out there who might have it easily
accessible please let me know if it's in there (or, as I say, anywhere else)?
Thanks

Fred Smith