Query

Mitra Ara mitraara at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Sat Aug 16 17:31:25 UTC 2003

"Mähpäreh" literally means: a piece (päreh) of the moon (mäh).   It is a
Persian expression meaning the beauty, belle.

In Persian literature mäh (moon) is not only a symbol of beauty but also of
time and cycle, "the ocean of time."

Perhaps, Chandra-kalä (a digit of the moon) often personified as a beautiful
female divinity.

Mitra Ara