Sanskrit word order sort program ?

Richard Mahoney rbm49 at EXT.CANTERBURY.AC.NZ
Mon Aug 4 20:36:45 UTC 2003

Dear Colleagues,

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 02:24:55AM +0100, Stephen Hodge wrote:

> Does anybody know if there is a program around for sorting romanized
> Sanskrit into correct dictionary order.

The perl module `Sort::ArbBiLex -- make sort functions for arbitrary
sort orders' seems appropriate. With scripting, this module will sort
head words for multilingual lexicons.

Details at:

 http://search.cpan.org/dist/Sort-ArbBiLex/ArbBiLex.pm

I've written a short perl script to sort utf-8 Romanised Skt.,
`sort-utf8-rom-skt-proto' (my first, so be kind). The script calls
`Sort::ArbBiLex' and is based on a couple of examples in the man
pages.

Script at:

 http://homepages.comnet.co.nz/~r-mahoney/biblio/biblio.html

I would welcome remarks, bug reports &c.

Best regards,

 Richard Mahoney

Richard Mahoney  | e-mail: rbm49 at ext.canterbury.ac.nz
Woodfield Estate |         r.mahoney at comnet.net.nz
Duncan Road, RD3 | cellular: 0064-25-829-986
HAMILTON, NZ     | http://homepages.comnet.net.nz/~r-mahoney
http://homepages.comnet.net.nz/~r-mahoney/pgp_public_key.txt