Fw: H-Asia: Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity

jkirk jkirk at SPRO.NET
Sat Apr 19 21:40:15 UTC 2003

I wonder what the experts on this list think of this hypotehsis? I find it
odd--what is known if anything about Indo-Iranian pre-zoroastrian hells?
What would be meant here by "Indo-Iranian" anyway? Vedic?  I'm not aware
that early zoroastrian religion elaborated complex hells as did Indian
religion at a later time. My guess is that Buddhist hells were simply
incorporated from Hindu hells.
Any answers?
Thanks, Joanna K.