Unicode fonts (for the Mac)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Wed Oct 30 23:01:24 UTC 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, B. Reusch wrote:

> >One question that Unicode does not resolve is exactly what repertoire of
> >characters is to be used for a particular purpose. I don't know if any
> >Sanskritists have attempted to standardize Unicode representation of
> >their preferred orthography, but I suspect that work has been done on
> >this. It may be the case that very little is needed in that regard.

Yes, this has been done, by Dr Anthony Stone, and it is part of the ISO
standard that Anthony authored dealing with Indic transliteration.

See

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stone-catend/translit.htm

I've added a link to that site on the INDOLOGY website, under "Position
and Review Papers".

--
Dominik Wujastyk