Unicode fonts (for the Mac)

B. Reusch reusch at UCLINK.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Oct 29 00:07:19 UTC 2002

Friends,
First I wish to thank Dominik and everybody else who replied to my
Second, to narrow down my question.

Are there any Unicode fonts available that are good for Indologists
who are Mac users? Where? How (much)?

A local Unicode expert, who is not familiar with Sanskrit, wrote the
following to me:

>One question that Unicode does not resolve is exactly what repertoire of
>characters is to be used for a particular purpose. I don't know if any
>Sanskritists have attempted to standardize Unicode representation of
>their preferred orthography, but I suspect that work has been done on
>this. It may be the case that very little is needed in that regard.

Would those in the know care to share the info with the rest of us?
Thanks.

Beatrice Reusch