Which number the naada indicates?

Mahes Raj Pant mahesrajpant at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 4 14:02:37 UTC 2002

Dear List Members

Could you tell me what actually means naada that is used to express a
particular number in dating an inscription from Nepal? The line reads as
such:

      naade skandamukhe hy anaNgavishikhe nepaalasam.vatsare

As I think, naada usually cannot be a synonymous with svara that expresses a
collection of seven musical notes and resultantly implies 7.
Rather naada is one of the synonyms of shabda (e.g. Amara I.6.22c-23).I am
curious to know whether shabda and/or its synonyms indicate  a certain
number or not?

Mahes Raj Pant