late Vedic/Upanishadic verses to identify

Timothy Lubin lubint at WLU.EDU
Thu Jul 4 18:41:45 UTC 2002

Dear Indologists:

(The same with a correction:)

As I wrap up my edition of the Atharvaziras there are a couple verses
that I presume to be quoted from earlier works but that I have not
been
able to identify.  I would be grateful if any of you recognize them
from
elsewhere:

vaalaagramaatra.m h.rdayasya madhye vizva.m deva.m jaataveda.m
vare.nyam | (64ab in Adyar Library's edition; cd = Ka.thaU 5.13cd,
and with a variant, Ka.thaU 5.12cd and ZveU 6.12cd)

praa.ne.sv antar manaso li*ngam aahur yasmin krodho yaa ca t.r.s.naa
k.samaa ca |
t.r.s.n.aa.m chittvaa hetujaalasya muula.m buddhyaa sa.mcintya (or:
sa.mcita.m) sthaapayitvaa tu rudre |
rudra ekatvam aahu.h |   (66 in AL)

ak.saraat sa.mjaayate kaala.h kaalaad vyaapaka ucyate | (not in AL
ed.,
but in Naaraaya.na's reading, in adhyaaya 6).

Thanks for any clues.
Tim

Timothy Lubin
Assistant Professor (Religions of South Asia)
23 Newcomb Hall
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450  USA

office: 540.458.8146; fax: 540.458.8498