ISO 15919 Latin characters not in Unicode

George Hart ghart at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Mon Jan 21 16:37:09 UTC 2002

One of the most important Tamil characters is the aytam -- used in both
classical Tamil and modern Tamil.  Its symbol, according to
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stone_catend/translit.htm, is k
with a line under it (in Tamil it is 3 dots arranged in a triangle with two
dots below and one above).  It does not seem to be present in the unicode
standard given at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stone_catend/triunico.htm.
Strangely enough, visarga, which does not exist in Tamil, is said to be
present in that language.  George Hart