Vasubandhu's Vyakhya-yukti

Richard B Mahoney RBM49 at STUDENT.CANTERBURY.AC.NZ
Tue Jan 15 22:02:07 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:52:04PM +0300, Yaroslav Vassilkov wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
> could anybody give me info on Vasubandhu's treatise "Vyakhya-yukti"?
> Does it exist only in Tibetan, or are there at least some parts of
> the Sanskrit original? Do you know any translations or studies of the text?
> Many thanks in advance,
>                                         Ya.V.
> Yaroslav Vassilkov (yavass at YV1041.spb.edu)
> Institute of Oriental Studies
> Tue, 15 Jan 102 23:43 +0300 MSK

Just a few details from:

 http://faculty.washington.edu/kpotter/ckeyt/home.htm

Jose Ignacio Cabezon, "Vasubandhu's Vyakhyayukti on the
 authenticity of the Mahayana sutras", TCon 1997 221-244

Peter Skilling, "Vasubandhu and the Vyakhyayukti
 literature", JIABS 23.2, 2000, 297-350

I've read neither so cannot comment except to say that I've found some
of Cabezon's other papers useful.

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
| 78 Jeffreys Rd                                 +64-3-351-5831 |