sharing documents: in praise of PDF

George Hart ghart at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Sun Jan 13 03:33:47 UTC 2002

Thanks, Dominik!  I can't help adding a word of appreciation for everyone
using Wordperfect and staying out of the grasping and greedy tentacles of
Microsoft....  A Mac version of Ghostscript is available at
http://www.kiffe.com/macghostview.html.  It runs quite well on OS X.  One
note: pdf files are much shorter than pdf files.  I just made a test file.
The ps (postscript) file was 504 k, the same thing in pdf format was 60 k.
George