Sorry

Jan E.M. Houben j_e_m_houben at YAHOO.COM
Tue Jan 8 17:13:04 UTC 2002

Madhav's apology
for sending a personal message by error to the
Indology List is not only
polite but also useful and helpful to others who can
infer from the subject line that this and the
immediately preceding message can be ignored and
deleted straightaway.
Suggestion for an even more helpful subject line:
"sorry for sending a personal message."
Dominik Wujastyk and a group of scholars including
Madhav himself have invested some effort in devising a
set-up of this "second generation" Indology List to
make it an efficient and hence pleasant and effective
tool for global scholarly communication.
With all spamming etc. on the net I don't think many
scholars are happy to start opening a seemingly
trustworthy message (which may take me here in India
up to one minute provided there is no power failure)
and find it to be irrelevant or misplaced.
Cheers, Jan Houben