Additional formats for e-texts in GRETIL

gruenendahl gruenen at MAIL.SUB.UNI-GOETTINGEN.DE
Wed Dec 4 15:18:37 UTC 2002

Dear Patrick,
this is the only explanation I have at the moment:

> I must be doing something wrong, but access to the site with ATIL was
> denied to me.

I may have caused this problem by updating the ATIL files several
times from morning to noon. In the process the files are temporarily
unavailable

> When I did try to download the MBh it wanted me to
> download also the font which appeared as HELVSN---1.TTF; but on my
> Word it did not show up as a font even after restarting the computer.
> I am on a MAC with OS 9.2. Thanks.

The "Mahabharata online" opened with a reminder to
1) configure your browser to UTF-8
2) to make sure that you have a UTF-8 font installed on your
computer.

You could then " ... proceed to Mahabharata online" (lower left
corner).

I have now removed this reminder. So you can now directly enter
theMahabharata online.

Please let me know in case the problem persists.

Best regards

Reinhold Grünendahl

Dr. Reinhold Gruenendahl
Niedersaechsische Staats- und Universitaetsbibliothek
Fachreferat sued- und suedostasiatische Philologien
(Dept. of Indology)

37070 Göttingen, Germany
Tel (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 52 83
Fax (+49) (0)5 51 / 39 23 61
gruenen at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de

FACH-INFORMATIONEN INDOLOGIE, GOETTINGEN:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindolo.htm
In English:
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/fiindole.htm

GRETIL - Goettingen Register of Electronic Texts in Indian
Languages
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/ebene_1/fiindolo/gretil.htm