academic memorial service (fwd)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UCL.AC.UK
Thu Nov 15 17:33:27 UTC 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:41:31 +0100
From: Tanja Amini <amini at uni-hamburg.de>
To: emmerick at uni-hamburg.de
Subject: academic memorial service

Ladies and Gentlemen

We would like to invite you to the Academic Memorial Service in honour of
Prof. Dr. Ronald E. Emmerick, who died on the 31. August this year.

 Place:  Warburg-Haus, Heilwigstraße 116, 20249 Hamburg
  Directions under <http://www.warburg?haus.hamburg.de/>

 Time: Friday the 14. December 2001, at 5 p.m.

Programme

1. Address by the Vicepresident of the University of Hamburg, Herr
Weidner
2. Address by the Dean of the Oriental Faculty, Prof. Dr. Manfred Pohl
3. Recitation
4. Lecture by Prof. Werner Sundermann (Berlin - BBAW Turfanforschung)
 Erinnerungen an Ron Emmerick
5. Music
6. Lecture by Prof. Mauro Maggi (University of Naples)
 Ronald E. Emmerick and the Siddhas¢ra: Khotanese, Iranian and Oriental
Studies
7. Closing music

Wine will be served in the Foyer after the service.

We would be very pleased if you could attend, and would let us have your
reply by the
30. November.

In connection with this occasion we would like to produce a small
pamphlet of personal reminiscences by friends and colleagues in
appreciation of Ronald E. Emmerick. If you would like to share in this,
would you please let us have your contribution, also by the 30.
November.
Please present your text on a DinA4-page, script 12pt, line spacing 1 -
and if possible without diacritics and in rtf- or wpd-format.

Arbeitsbereich Iranistik
Universität Hamburg
Asien-Afrika-Institut
Rothenbaumchaussee 36
20148 Hamburg
Germany
Tel.: +49-(0)40-42838-3178 (Tanja Amini)
Fax: +49-(0)40-42838-5674
e-mail: iranistik at uni-hamburg.de