Register of electronic texts

George Hart ghart at SOCRATES.BERKELEY.EDU
Wed Nov 7 17:16:33 UTC 2001

Why am I not surprised that Tamil is not recognized as a classical
language of South Asia and all we have is an entirely empty category
of "Dravidian Languages"?  I know that Herr Gruenendahl has asked me
to be quiet, but I do feel that it is quite unacceptable to have
separate categories for Pali and Prakrit but nothing for classical
Tamil, which is quite as extensive and important, and for which
extensive work has been done to digitize the old literature.  G. Hart