Uninformed discussion on the Gita

Phillip Ernest phillip.ernest at UTORONTO.CA
Tue Mar 27 18:55:05 UTC 2001

Hey, wow, this is what I was looking for!  Glad to know I'm not the only
Indologist who loves to crank up _physical Graffiti_ almost as much as he
loves to read the giitaa-- even if I do get my bassists and Indologists
mixed up sometimes.

I have long been planning to translate a selection of Zep lyrics into
Sanskrit.  Choosing appropriate metres will be an interesting challenge.
But that comes after my rendering of Jewel's _Night Without Armor_-- as
Petrarch with his favorite Decameron tale, I feel that her masterpiece
deserves to be rescued from the perishability of the vernacular.  But
usually only after I have ingested a substantial amount of Soma.