"Bagger Vance" & Doniger on the Gita

Aditya, the Cheerful HIndu Skeptic aditya2 at MEDIAONE.NET
Wed Mar 14 16:17:08 UTC 2001

"V.V. Raman" <VVRSPS at RITVAX.ISC.RIT.EDU> has written as follows:

>L.M.Fosse wrote: <America is a free society, and consequently people have the
>right to discuss and criticize other people's religion.>
>As of now this is true of India too, and of a few other countries in the world.
I disagree with his statement. The censorship in India is more ubiquitous
than anywhere else. Salman Rushdie was banned in India before Iran.
To this day it is impossible to write or produce any film without running
the risk of official censorship
be the TRUTH.

>3. By the way, there have been Hindu thinkers who have criticized the Gita too.
>Personally, I did not like what Doniger wrote, and I published a strongly
>worded rebuttal to her.
I for one would not disagree much from her views.
Gita is a mythical book more appealing to Kitabi western religions who
cannot accept that there may be a religion that does not derive its
existence on one or more book.

---
Yours sincerely,
Aditya Mishra
Please note my new Primary email: aditya at cheerful.com
Primary homepage: http://www.pompano.net/~aditya
ICQ # 1131674 Phone #: (954)746-0442  Fax # (209)315-8571
Random thought of the day:
        Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.