SV: An article mentionig Indologists

Steve Farmer saf at SAFARMER.COM
Sun Mar 11 02:53:09 UTC 2001

Satya Upandhya writes:

> The following site talks about the presence of horses at the Indus site
> (claiming that horses were known to inhabitants of the Harappan
> civilization) , and also contains a brief critique of Witzel and Farmer:
>
> http://sarasvati.simplenet.com/horse1.htm
>
> S.Kalyanaraman seems to be involved in some way with this site, as a letter
> written to him by some archaeologist is published on it.
>
> Would appreciate any comments on this.

I'm recovering from a serious accident and can't get involved
much in List discussions at present, Satya, but nota bene: All
this material (including S. Kalyanaraman's notoriously confused
web pages) is hardly news to regulars on this List. I suggest
that before you try to get anyone to discuss Kalyanaraman's
opinions on this List that you spend a few hours wading through
his labyrinthal website (best of luck!).

S.A. Farmer