Gnoli's translation of zivadRSti

Harry Spier harryspier at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 10 23:23:36 UTC 2001

Dear list members,

Can anyone verify (or not) if the translation of Somananda's zivadRSti in
"Hindu Theology" by Jose Pereira page 364 is Gnoli's translation from East
and West Vol. VIII (1957).  I know that the footnote at the end of the
translation seems to say it is but I ask the question because what appears
to be also indicated as a  quote  from Gnoli's translation in "The Doctrine
of Recognition", R.K. Kaw page 66 (see footnote 3) is different from  what
appears in Pereira's book.  I was in NY the other day to photocopy Gnoli's
article from the NYPL but unfortunately the journal "East and West" was in
storage and not available.

Many thanks,

Harry Spier
371 Brickman Rd.