Query

Luis Gonzalez-Reimann reimann at UCLINK4.BERKELEY.EDU
Sun Mar 4 01:21:45 UTC 2001

At 06:45 AM 03/03/2001 +0000, you wrote:

>I am not an Indologist and have a query that I am sure you would be able to
>help me with. Recently, a colleague of mine who works on early Renaissance
>Spain told me that through Spain the Panchatantra and one other Indian epic
>(which he could not remember) made their way into European folklore. I would
>be grateful if anyone could provide me with guidance about this.
>Rohit

You can start by reading pp. xliii-xliv of:

Olivelle, Patrick, trans.
1997. The Pañcatantra: The Book of India's Folk Wisdom. The World's
Classics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

Luis
Gonzalez-Reimann
University of California, Berkeley