SV: Plight of Buddhist art

Lars Martin Fosse lmfosse at ONLINE.NO
Fri Mar 2 17:45:31 UTC 2001

Raveen Satkurunathan [SMTP:tawady at YAHOO.COM] skrev 2. mars 2001 18:04:
> Now Sri Lanka has already destroyed well over 1,560 Hindu Temples and
> Christian Churches so far. It is a deliberate policy in subjugating an
> ethnic minority by psychological warfare probably taught to them by the
> Special Forces trainers from the US.

I am afraid that this kind of policy is considerably older than the US
special forces (who may not even care much for it, for all I know). The
Christian Church certainly liked to destroy pagan shrines and build
churches in the same place, this happened in a number of places here in
Norway, for instance, during the introduction of Christianity. Muslims have
been doing this in India for centuries as we all know (although perhaps not
quite so often as assumed in some quarters). One of the problems with Truth
is that people who think they have found it, often get intolerably
intolerant. But then of course, the opposite too has its negative
aspects....

Lars Martin Fosse

Dr. art. Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,