Plight of Buddhist art

Raveen Satkurunathan tawady at YAHOO.COM
Fri Mar 2 17:04:04 UTC 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 03:10:29 +0000, kr <rkandia at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU>
wrote:

>Babri Masjid demolition or the demolition of Hindu temples
>in Pakistan and Bangladesh or the deliberate Hindu/Christian/Buddhist
>temple demolitions and damages in Sri Lanka are no different
>from the above one. We defend(ed) at least one of them with our
>own linear logic.

You have missed another country in South Asia where it is the state policy
to break and rebury and idols found. It happens on a daily basis in
Maldives. Countless Buddhist, Hindu and Animist statues have been destroyed
by this action a great loss to humanity.

Now Sri Lanka has already destroyed well over 1,560 Hindu Temples and
Christian Churches so far. It is a deliberate policy in subjugating an
ethnic minority by psychological warfare probably taught to them by the
Special Forces trainers from the US. Unfortunately unlike the Quran nothing
in their Tripitikas says that a place of worship should be left alone or
does it?

Source

http://www.tamilcanadian.com/eelam/hrights/html/Temples.html