SV: SV: Plight of Buddhist art

Rohit Chopra cosmicomic at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 1 06:16:28 UTC 2001

Suresh,

Save your polemic. I am sure Dr Fosse can answer for himself.

As for your generalization about ALL Muslims:

>No Muslim, educated or not, intellectual or not, will
>ever come out of the closet and condemn the acts of
>the Taliban - the reason being, if they did condemn it,
>then they are violating the teachings of Mohammed (their
>prophet) and hence violating what is in koran. How could
>they do it ?

THIS IS ONLY PROOF OF YOUR POOR LOGICAL SENSE. LAST I HEARD THERE WERE
HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MUSLIMS IN THE WORLD. SO I WONDER HOW YOU, A
MUSLIM-HATER, CAN KNOW WHAT ALL - EACH AND EVERYONE OF THEM BELIEVE IN.

>It is foolish to expect the muslim community
>to condemn the taliban's action to destroy statues of
>gods of other religions. In the eyes of hardcore Islamists,
>statues of Buddha are idols of false gods which must be
>destroyed as per Mohammed's words. The talibans are just
>following what is in their religion, turning their clock
>back to the 7-th and 8-th century !!! This is one side to
>the reality which must not be forgotten !!

WHAT EXACTLY WAS THE STATE OF ISLAM IN THE 7TH AND 8TH CENTURY? DO YOU EVEN
KNOW? YOUR POOR KNOWLEDGE OF HISTORY HAS BEEN SHOWN UP AS WELL AS WELL AS
YOUR COMPLETE UNFAMILIARITY WITH THE KORAN.

Please respond to my mail on logical grounds instead of making apologetic,
genteel noises about "inappropriateness" and displaying prurient
vindication. Your mail has exactly the tone of apology of a colonized
type...

And for once, just for once, stop parroting the views of the RSS, and try
and debate beyond those crude stereotypes and bigotry.

Yours-in-appropriateness

Rohit