SV: SV: Plight of Buddhist art

Lynken Ghose lynkenghose at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 1 06:29:20 UTC 2001

Dear Mr. Oberoi/Ven. Tantra:

I think that the main point was to express sadness at the loss of a great
monument. This seemed to me, from the postings, to be clear. I don't think
that anyone made a generalization about Afghans. Surely, anyone who destroys
so ancient and valuable a monument is some sort of fanatic or at least not
in his or her full senses.

Mr. Oberoi - as for your posting in regards to Dr. Fosse's comments, no one
can make such a huge judgement about complicity. How can one ascertain such
a thing?

Over the last couple weeks, I have noticed that you two have changed
postings around to suit your own personal use.

These kinds of postings are just a waste of time for the rest of the list.
This list shouldn't be used as one's own personal soapbox. If you're going
to post something, there should be at least some attempt to be constructive
or add something to an argument.

It's easy to say anything over the internet as you don't have to look the
other person in the eye or even hear their voice: all you have to do is push
the button.

Let's please have less of this game playing and more constructive
discussion.

Lynken Ghose