Puzzle of Small and Big India

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at KABELFOON.NL
Mon Jan 22 10:15:51 UTC 2001

What he referred to was the limited geographical knowledge in Europe
during the Middle Ages, India was a mythical place somewhere out there
and just a word for the unknown land on the other side of Jerusalem,
which was thought of as the centre of the world. There was no big India,
but an unknown mythical India.