Puzzle of Small and Big India

Narayan R.Joshi giravani at JUNO.COM
Sun Jan 21 19:01:02 UTC 2001

The German author Holger Kersten(Jesus lived in India-pub:Elements Book Ltd)
mentions in his book that in ancient times, India referred to a land that
extended far beyond her current geographic borders. Tibet and Mongolia also
belonged to India, and in the west Iran of today was also included. I am
not interested in the other part of the book.. But by this sentence only I
am puzzled. This is so because in the known history after Candragupta's
entry into Afghanistan (about 320 BCE), the borders of India went on
shrinking(small India). I do not know where did German author get his
information of big India and in what pre-historic era this big India
existed. Indians did not have any knowledge of such big India ever existed
in the past. However there appears to be the double linguistic connection
between India and Georgia in the Caucasus. First connection Indo-Aryan-
Georgian Navi(NaukA-boat),tani(tanu-body), mala(MAlA-garland),bandva(bandha-
to tie). There is Tamil connection too-tsitai(Tamil-tsitel-red),tsuro(tsuri-
udder),karri(karri-wind).This is interesting. Did Dravidians come from
Caucasus to South India or they first went to Central Asia and then entered
North India through Khyber pass.I am inclined to believe Dravidians went
from South India to Georgia or they simply had trade contacts. Thanks.