tracing a quotation!

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Mon Jan 22 11:20:40 UTC 2001

Thanks, Jim, for your response.  Not only is "agniriva raaja.h" given in
quotation marks in the printed edition of Baalabodhinii, the grammatical
argument seems to suggest that -raaja.h be part of a compound with the
preceding.  That is how Jha.lkiikar tries to explain the nominative form
raaja.h, on the analogy of compounds like dharmaraaja.h.  Best,
                                        Madhav