question on recaka-pUraka-kumbhaka

Fri Jan 5 20:06:26 UTC 2001

Lubomir Ondracka <ondracka at TIGER.VSCHT.CZ> wrote:

>There is a controversy regarding the date and authorship of these two
>texts:
>1) Yogayajnavalya[samhita]
>2) Brhadyogiyajnavalkyasmrti /BYS/

Great, I'll check the references you've cited. I suppose I
really have to go back to the invaluable Kane. Meanwhile,
just to satisfy my curiosity quickly - is there evidence to
differentiate between a Brhadyogiyajnavalkyasmrti text and
a plain Yajnavalkyasmrti? The 1949 Nirnayasagar edition
available online just has the latter title, and seems to
be a much smaller text, with only three adhyAyas. See
ftp://ftp.ucl.ac.uk/pub/users/ucgadkw/indology/texts/

Best regards,
Vidyasankar